Impact Healthcare REIT plc (ticker: IHR), the real estate investment trust which gives investors exposure to a diversified portfolio of UK healthcare real estate assets, in particular care homes, is today reporting its full year results for the year ended 31 December 2018.
Please see the attached document for the full RNS release.
· Paid dividends of 6.0p per share in respect of 2018, in line with target.
· New progressive dividend policy, seeking to grow the dividend in line with the inflation-linked rental uplifts received in the prior financial year. Target for 2019 is 6.17p per share, an increase of 2.83%3
· Our dividend was well covered by our EPRA earnings per share. Adjusted for rent smoothing and one-off items, our dividend was 85% covered by adjusted earnings.
· Portfolio valuation increased by 43% during the year, reflecting £55.4 million of acquisitions, £4.7 million invested in capital improvements and a value uplift of £7.6 million. The value uplift was largely driven by rent increases and the Group’s investment in capital improvements.
· NAV total return for the year of 8.5%, composed of a dividend of 6.0p per share and 2.5p per share growth in NAV.
· Signed a £50 million debt facility during the year, with £26 million drawn at the year end, resulting in an LTV ratio of 11.6%.
· Acquired 15 care homes with 830 beds, adding four new tenants.
· At the year end, committed to £15.4 million of capital improvement programmes since IPO, which will add 188 beds to the portfolio. 96 beds of these were completed and in operation by 31 December 2018.
· Weighted average unexpired lease term (“WAULT”) of 19.5 years at 31 December 2018.
· Rent reviews in the year added £0.5 million to contracted rent, representing a 3.95% increase on the associated portfolio.
Post balance sheet highlights
· Completed the acquisition of the Yew Tree care home, adding a further 76 beds to the portfolio.
· Launched 12-month placing programme in February 2019, enabling the Company to issue up to 200 million new ordinary shares.
· Moved from the specialist fund segment to the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange main market.
· Agreed an additional £25 million, five-year revolving credit facility with Clydesdale Bank, increasing the Group’s total facilities to £75 million.
· The Investment Adviser, Impact Health Partners LLP, received the authorisations required from the FCA to replace Carne Global AIFM Solutions (C.I.) Limited as the Company’s AIFM. This took effect on 15 March 2019.
Rupert Barclay, Chairman of Impact Healthcare REIT PLC, commented
“This was a year of considerable growth, in line with the strategy we set out at IPO, and we remain well placed to deliver value in the short and longer term.The placing programme will give us the capacity to acquire further high-quality homes, increasing our diversification and reducing risk. We have strong relationships with a growing number of capable tenants, who offer an essential regulated service and provide high quality care and underpin our new progressive dividend policy and total return target, which reflect our confidence in the Group’s prospects. This in turn ensures the Group has a secure income stream. This stands us in good stead in an uncertain economic and political environment.”
For further information please contact:
Impact Health Partners LLP via Maitland/AMO
Winterﬂood Securities Limited
Tel: 020 3100 0000
Maitland/AMO (Communications Adviser)
Tel: 020 7379 5151
The Company’s LEI is 213800AX3FHPMJL4IJ53.
Further information on Impact Healthcare REIT is available at www.impactreit.uk